Have you ever wondered how to plan a first birthday party or are you a first-time mom? This guide will help you through the journey of 1st birthday planning. This post will also include theme ideas.
How do you celebrate a Baby’s First Birthday
There are several ways to celebrate a child’s first birthday. It depends on the budget of the parents where they celebrate their child’s first birthday party. Some of the ways are:
- Booking a Banquet hall- When looking for the banquet hall look for guest capacity and the price of the hall.
- Looking at Clubhouse- This might turn out to be cheaper if your neighborhood has a party hall. Otherwise, there might be places that rent out space for parties.
- Outdoors- You can rent out space and host the party at that space. There will be lots of room and could play fun activities.
- At a Kids place- The kid’s places will have activities, bounce house and lots of fun activities.
- Indoor playground– This space will have different types of slides, dancing balloons, pillow pool, carousel and more.
- At home– This will be the most cost-effective because you can order the food and enjoy it at home.
- Arcade Place– There will be lots of games and fun activities.
- At a restaurant– Go to a restaurant order, eat and come home.
Please check out my blog post on my website. The post is about fun indoor activities for toddlers
Please check out other blog posts. Click here to read about 8 healthy habits for toddlers and why you should teach them.
Click here to read about tips and tricks for first-time moms.
What do I need for a first birthday party?
- Choose a Venue- The venue is dependent on how many guests you have invited. The venue should fit all your guests.
- Outfit for the family– The family can coordinate the colors and it will look great at the party.
- Party decorations- You have to buy napkins, cups, plates, forks, spoons, knives. You have to also buy balloons, banners, wall decorations, and table cloth
- Cake-You have to choose between a buttercream or a fondant cake. P.S. Fondant cake might be more expensive.
- Food- Decide what kind of food you will be serving. American, Chinese, Korean, Mexican or Indian to name a few.
- Guest List– Prepare the guest list as to who you will invite. People to consider are family, friends and daughters or sons friends
- Birthday invitations– Send out birthday invitation and have RSVP date so you can plan the food and venue accordingly
- Budget– How much are you willing to spend on this?
- Deciding the theme– There are many themes to choose from.
- Goody Bags– Some ideas are cars, mini coloring books, and pens.
- Photography– Pick a photographer or ask a friend or family member to take photos of the event.
- Cleaning Crew if needed– Someone should be willing to help after the party unless the place you are hosting at has designated cleaning people.
Who do you invite to a first birthday party?
For a first birthday, you usually invite very close friends and family. You can also include your child’s daycare friends so they are also involved.
What do you serve at a birthday party?
- Finger foods- Examples are mozzarella sticks (Feed with supervision), fruits cut into bite-size pieces, mini pancakes, mini sandwiches (Cream cheese and cucumber).
- Desserts- Cake pops, brownie bites
- Mini muffins
- Drinks- Water, juice
Best gift ideas for 1 year old.
- Building blocks
- Musical mat
- Jigsaw puzzles
- If you do not want to give a gift either give cash or a gift card so the parents can buy what the child wants.
- Multi-Activity toy
- Educational toy
- Water doodle mat
- Picture frame
- Children’s furniture
What are some birthday decorations/Themes?
Some of the theme ideas are:
- Pink theme
- Blue theme
- Baby Shark
- Mickey Mouse
- Traffic Jam
- Thomas the tank
- Blue one in fun
- Minnie Mouse
- Pink and Gold Confetti
- Pink One is Fun
- Tea time
- Farm Animals
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Turtle Party
- Silly Circus
Some of the places to buy party supplies:
- Dollar Tree
- Party City
What do you do for a 1st birthday party?
Some of the things planned for the party are:
- Socializing with family and friends- This is a way to connect with family and have an engaging conversation. You can also learn more about them and plan future activities.
- Kids Games– Some of the games to play are coloring pictures, guess who scrambled words and sentences.
- Musical night– Play some kid’s music so the kids are entertained.
- Cutting Cake– You can buy the cake based on a theme or just order a cake. Some of the common cake flavors are vanilla, chocolate, and marble. If you buy the cake from a bakery they will have more options. Another option is to have your baker friend make a cake for your baby’s birthday.
How do you celebrate your baby’s first birthday without a party?
You might not want to throw a party because the baby might not know much. You could put the money in the baby’s college funds.
Some of the ideas include:
- Eating at a restaurant with family
- Ordering food in and eating at the house
- Going to kids play place and ordering food
- Taking the baby to a shop and buying them educational games or books
- Another fun thing to do is the cake smash. You can bake a cake at home and have the baby smash the cake.
Birthday Party checklist
I am a mom to a toddler and enjoying the journey of parenting. I love to write and talk about lifestyle topics such as recipes, mom life, and DIY.